Container Succulents: Creative Ideas for Beginners
Paperback | Sep 2019 | Tuttle Publishing | 9780804851053 | 96pp | 254x191mm | Forthcoming | GEN | AUD$22.99
Container Succulents is the perfect book for container gardening beginners who don't have a lot of space to work with. The beautiful photographs of succulent decor are sure to inspire your inner gardener, interior designer and all-around house plant lover.
Learn how to care for and display individual succulent varieties, or get creative with groupings that combine multiple plants with complementary colours, shapes and sizes. Whether you prefer a garden that is simple or intricate, this book covers all the basics of container selection and succulent care to ensure healthy plants.
This book shows you how to:
- Use the colours and textures of your containers to enhance the tones and textures of the succulents to create stunning visual combinations
- Repurpose old cans and kitchenware to create interesting and healthy new homes for your succulents
- Use unconventional and openwork containers (like an antique birdcage) to add a new dimension to a composition
- Plant succulents in antique urns and pedestals for a touch of the unexpected
- Use traditional planters and baskets to create interesting design effects
- Create attractive soil surfaces and use cuttings to create original arrangements
- And much more!